Adding contacts makes it easier to send messages - and you can add contacts to Groups, making it easier to send bulk messages.
Creating contacts is simple:
1) Click on Contacts and then All Contacts:
2) Click the New Contact button:
3) Input the required information
In the left-hand table, the fields available are as follows:
- First Name - first name of contact
- Last Name - surname of contact
- Mobile Phone (required) - international format required. The country should default to the associated account's country.
- Email - email address of contact
- Country - country associated with contact
- Location - specific location of the contact
- Date of Birth - the contact's date of birth
In the right-hand table, additional information can be entered:
- Groups - Select one or more Contact Groups (groups must be created prior to creating the contact)
- Additional Information- Provide additional information (if required):
- Unsubscribed v Subscribed (a contact will be subscribed by default.Unsubscribed contacts will be unable to receive messages)
- Alias - used as an alternative name for your contact
- Custom fields (x3) - can be used if you have other relevant information on your contact
The information in these fields can be used for message personalisation:
4) Click Save
Your contact will now appear in your "All Contacts" list, and if you added them to a Contact Group, they will appear in the relevant Group as well.