The features below are included in the May product update, deployed on 14 May, 2020.
Sender ID update
- We've relocated the Sender ID section to the start of the "New Message" process. We've done this because the Sender ID will impact the message functionality itself - including the context of your message content.
- For example, if you are sending from a business name (alpha tag) then recipients will not be able to reply to your message - which will impact the method you use for opt-outs (see "Opt-out link" below).
- We have also added the ability to request Alpha Tags and Dedicated numbers directly from this section as opposed to having to go into your Account Settings:
Using your own number
- You now have the ability to use your own mobile number as the sender ID when sending messages
- By selecting the "Add your own Number" option from the Sender ID list (see above image), you will be asked to verify your number via a verification code sent to your mobile
- NOTE - replies will go direct to your mobile and NOT to the web portal
- We've added the ability for contacts to opt-out via a weblink instead of just replying to a message - which is not always possible (e.g. when sending from a business name/alpha tag)
- The link takes contacts to a landing page where they can trigger the opt-out by tapping on an action button
- The configuration of this landing page is done automatically - you don't need to do anything other than select "Unsubscribe Link" from the drop-down menu:
Send to All Contacts
- We’ve made it easier to quickly send messages to All Contacts. When selecting ‘Add Contact Groups’ the first option will always be “All Contacts”
- This option is also available in the "Quick Message" function - just type "all" into the recipient field:
Broadcast Report: Delivery status panel
The broadcast report now includes a real-time delivery status panel where customers can monitor the progress of their send.